Friday, February 29, 2008

Updated Documents Sent

Well, we shipped our final (?) documents off today! This included our updated physicals and police clearances which have short lives (90 days). This batch will hopefully make it through the audit process and be shipped to Russia next week. Short of an error in somebody's signature, this should have us set for court. The judge could request additional paperwork when the documents are presented, but we are praying this will not happen.

We are bit drained emotionally and in many other ways. There is soo much to do to get things ready and not much time. Not only do we have lots of painting to finish up, we have to replace Dawn's SUV that burned up at Thanksgiving. Last weekend we helped two friends who suffered significant damage to their respective homes from the tornado that hit our small town on February 17. Afterwards, we came home to work on our own home improvements. We are just thankful we did not suffer any storm damage! God has been wonderful and shown us so much grace. We ask for his continued blessings.

We have not heard anything from our kids in Vladivostok. I had hoped that we would get a short letter from our oldest by now, but it has not happened. Another couple is traveling next week to our orphanage for court. They are taking some small gifts for us to give to the kids. We are hopeful we will get something back when they return. The waiting is difficult, but manageable. If we could just get a picture once a month e-mailed to us or some update on their health, it would make it so much easier.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I just found your blog. I am a single bio mom to 3 kids in the early stages of adopting an older child or siblings from Russia. I mailed my I600A in today and am waiting on the approval of age changes from my agency. I am really glad I found your blog. I will be praying that you get to travel to get your little ones soon.
Lea

Carey and Norman said...

I completely agree that an update once a month would make the wait so much easier. It sounds very positive that you have been asked to complete your medicals and police reports. We actually just updated our medicals, police reports, and home study license and letter for CHI out of Brentwood (last years expired in December if you haven't completed yours already). We got no surprises and no additional documents were ever requested. So, it sounds like you are getting very close. I look forward to sharing your news with you soon!!

Annie said...

I never heard anything from any of them! (Four adoptions!) The only news I got was about our most recent son, because we made the acquaintance of a missionary who works at that orphanage. That made things a little easier....