Sunday, July 5, 2009

Baby Pictures from Russia



Back in April, our extended family in Russia sent baby pictures of Polina. Unfortunately, she did not have any of Dima and Nastya. I understand why, but I know that years down the road, they will want that connection. The pictures are great and show Polina with her aunt, her cousin and, her grandfather. I have scanned them in the event something happens to the originals. They are priceless treasures. Also included is a copy of her baptismal certificate. Their aunt is a very good woman and took Polina to church on at least a couple of occasions. We have a certificate for the baptismal and then what appears to be her first communion.

This past week, I have read e-mails and postings from parents who recently completed adoptions and parents who are waiting to complete their adoptions. I am constantly amazed at God's sense of humor! I say that because so many of the children look remarkably like their parents (or soon to be parents). God knew when I was in the womb, that he would place at least three of my children on the other side of the world and have me search them out. Praise God I found them - they were right before my eyes one February evening in 2007.

This fourth of July, we went to the home of a church family for a picnic. While there, I was in a discussion with some other couples - some who knew our story and some who did not. I mentioned I would someday like to go back to the village where my children were born in Siberia. One father looked over at me and asked me, "What are you?" I looked at him quizzically and answered, "Southern." He then asked what took me to Russia to cause my children to be born there. I started laughing and explained that my three youngest were born in Russia and have only been home one year. He had no idea!

God bless everyone out there -

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

How exciting to get these pictures! Polina will enjoy having these and her connection to family back in Russia. Loved the story where the man thought you lived in Russia when you had your children....must be due to better medical care :o)

Craig and Phyllis said...

I read this last night, but had to wait til now to make a comment. How wonderful that you have some pictures of Polina!! That will truely be a treasure for her, as well as Nastya and Dima to see some of their relatives, even though they are not in the pictures.

How are you all doing? I think of you so often, just don't sit down and type an email to you. Would love to hear what you found that works well for them with the homeschooling. Even though I homeschooled for 14 years, I feel like I am in brand new territory!

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow! How great to have those treasures!! I also think it's funny how our children look just like us! I'm soglad we have found all of them!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

What a precious gift from God to have those photos and contacts. It looks like she was very loved from the beginning and a person's beginning is so important. I still remember talking to you guys at the Vlad Inn after you'd met your children. It seems like a million years ago now. Were we ever not with our children?