Friday, July 9, 2010

Visas Received

Tomorrow we leave for Moscow and it has been incredibly busy and hectic! Nearly everything that needed to be done was completed. With four business days to get ready, only one item didn't get completed and I pray they will let us get it done when we return. I knew when we received the call, it was going to be difficult to get it all done in 4 business days. The call came from Moscow and I'm pretty sure they did not realize Monday was a holiday here in the US. I don't know if having Monday would have helped with the one item. I'm just glad we were able to get the the travel visas (a stamp in your passport from the Russian Consulate that gives you permission to enter the country).

We return Thursday afternoon which is great. On our last trip home from Moscow in 2008, we did not get home until about 2AM. Lots of air time this time as we are routed trough Houston. Houston to Moscow will be about 12 hours. Unfortunately I was unable to see my doctor and get some "happy pills" for flying. Don't know what they are, they just put me to sleep!

3 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys! Maybe I should give you my mom's phone number. She has "happy pills" that will put you to sleep, and you can get them on your way to the airport! : )

Are you just going to Moscow? If so, at least you don't have another long flight like you did before. Oh, I would love to hear all the details.

We are praying for you!!

Mama Fish said...

Tony and Dawn- We are praying for you as well! I am praying things go smoothly without the one item you need and that you get sleep on the flight.

Bill and Myra said...

I just returned from vacation and saw your post - have a safe trip!

Myra