Sunday, August 15, 2010

Family Update

On July 26, our oldest daughter Christina was admitted to the hospital. She came home two days ago (Friday) and is still in recovery mode but doing well. Friday was also the day Jeremy went off for school. It is odd not having him around. He will do well I just hate that his last week home for the summer was such a mess. Dawn and I were in and out of the hospital and did not get to spend much time with him.

The four youngest and I are in a play at a church here in town. Because of all things happening in our life right now, I first looked at this as a hassle, but the message is good and it has done me good to just listen - God is there and He is in control.

Two weeks back, we did go and have our fingerprints scanned at CIS in Birmingham. I guess we may hear of something soon on the matter.

About seven or eight years ago, I heard an adult speaking to our youth at church and he commented, "If the devil isn't messing with you, then you need to be questioning your life and the path you are taking." Sounds like a strange message, but I have come to learn how very true that statement is.

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

We'll be praying for your daughter. I'm sorry to hear she's been in the hospital.