Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

Today has been one of those days when I realize how blessed I am and if not for the grace of God I would be lost and condemned. This is a day of reflection for Christians around the world. I am not worthy of the sacrifice made for my sins - it is only by His grace that I am saved. He is risen!

Sunday we leave for our trip to northern Virginia for an interview with a mission agency. We are excited and maybe a tad bit nervous. I met with our pastor this morning to discuss our trip and our ministry plans. It is very refreshing to speak to folks about our plans because we really have not told many people. I even made a call to my boss and gave him notice that he might get a phone call. That was a bit strange, because I was not sure how it would be received. I explained what we were going to do and that it would not interfere with my job as I would be using vacation time to travel. I am blessed to have A LOT of vacation. I have been with the same employer for 23 years. Although they really encourage me to take my vacation, my production goals are the same as someone starting the job today. As a result, I often lose 2-3 weeks per year. My last phone call was to my customer. My customer contacts were incredibly supportive. I am very lucky to have such great contacts with this group. They are my employer's largest customer and have been for about 80 years. If they did not support what I was doing, believe me when I say I would have to find another job.

The social worker came a week ago for our final report to Russia on our first adoption. Boy they seem to be getting so young. Young, no children of her own and she is asking us about how we are raising the children. There was an occaission or two when I just wanted to laugh. She seemed quite shocked that it had been 5 whole months since their last check up.

On a final note, we had some severe weather last weekend here at home. On Wednesday, I got an e-mail from our family in Siberia (the kid's aunt in Pokrovka). She had seen a news report about the tornadoes and fatalities and was worried about us. I never would have imagined she would have heard about it. The tornado hit about 15 miles north of us and killed three people. She was relieved to hear we were all okay.

Please keep us in your prayers -

Tony & Dawn

1 comment:

Craig and Phyllis said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are alright, too! I had been cheching with my parents last week.

Thanks for posting progress on what God is calling you to do. What a blessing to have support from your workplace, too.