Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our Comfort

A dear friend who has had a bumpy ride on the adoption road shared a verse with me before Christmas that has been with me daily....

Isaiah 43:5-7 (NIV)
Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your descendants from the east,
And gather you from the west;
I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!'
Bring My sons from afar,
And My daughters from the ends of the earth -
Everyone who is called by My name,
Whom I have created for My glory;
I have formed him, yes, I have made him.

There are so many families waiting to bring their children home and others, just starting their journey. I say a prayer each day for all I have communicated who are traveling down this road. Today was 'Sanctity of Life' day at our church and I was reminded of how very special we all are to The One who created us all. I know He is in control and that He is watching after our children because they are very special to Him.

3 comments:

Mama Fish said...

That is a great verse! It reminds me also of how much God cares for the orphans over all the world. I would like to link to your blog (blogs that I read), if that is okay with you. I found your blog through CHI, and would like to follow the rest of your journey. Our blog is www.stepbystep2russia.blogspot.com
Jackie

Tony and Dawn said...

No problem Jackie!

Carey and Norman said...

Hi Tony and Dawn,

So sorry it has taken me so long to find your blog. I guess I haven't looked at the CHI blogroll for awhile, and I finally started looking through waiting families and remembered where you had responded to one (or more) of our posts.

So, how is your wait going? I can tell you that ours became harder this month as we hit the four month mark. We long to go back and each day is so much harder than the one before. We go into each day with high hopes of news and go to bed hopeful for the following day. We can imagine that you too have these feelings as you follow our blog and others in Vlad.

If you ever want to chat, e-mail me at russianfairytale@gmail.com. I would love to talk and catch up. Our daughter is also in Ussurysk, so she is probably at the same orphanage as your children. I think it is amazing that you are adopting three children. What a blessing!!

Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to following your journey.