Sunday, March 23, 2008

С Пасхой!

Unfortunately, we have no news. We had one document that we had to get corrected and we sent that back to the agency on Tuesday. We included a card to the kids. The agency sent everything to Russia on Thursday so maybe the kids will get our card next week.

Regarding my last post, I have been assured our daughter is fine and was likely caught off guard by everything. Nevertheless, I pray the Lord will watch after her and her brother and sister and keep them safe and warm. Yes, it is warming to a balmy 40 degrees during the day and then back below freezing at night. According to the various webcams I have found, it appears most of the snow and ice has melted. Although, they are having snow showers as I type this.

About two weeks ago, our church family collectively donated $800 for us to use to purchase clothing and shoes for the older children in the orphanage when we travel on trip #2! What a blessing! Not only that, but Wednesday we received word from our pastor that we were given a $1,000 donation (anonymous) toward our adoption expenses! A second blessing! God has been VERY good to us in more ways than I will go into now, which brings me to a final comment. The most common verse in the bible starts off with, "For God so loved the world...". It doesn't say He so loved the Israelites, the people of Cyprus or, the people of Philipi - but the world. So how can people who claim to be believers say they can't love a child that is not theirs, or they just can't love another child? Sounds a little selfish to me considering what He did for us.

FYI. The title means, "Happy Easter"!

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Thanks for the comment left on my blog. I am glad that I was led to yours. Blessings on your journey to bring your 3 children home.

Carey and Norman said...

I enjoy your Russian headings. I'm glad you have gotten some peace about your daughter's expression. I think God stirs our hearts and gives us each other to help when we need them calmed once again. I hope you are able to receive word soon for a visit back to Vlad. I know your children are waiting.

God Bless You!