Thursday, April 17, 2008

Great is THE Lord

When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.

May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD,
when they hear the words of your mouth.

May they sing of the ways of the LORD,
for the glory of the LORD is great.

Last night I was out of town on business and read the above verses from Psalm 138 just before calling it a day. I awoke to an Alabama spring day and was able to finish things up and return home early. Well, this afternoon just as I was pulling into our neighborhood, I received a call from our social worker in St Louis - we have a court date! We go to court Monday, May 19! As I sit here tonight, I find myself asking if it really happened - did I really get the call. Technology is a wonderful thing because all I have to do is look at my "Recent Calls" list for a quick verification.

The past three weeks have been really difficult in managing the wait, but God has not and will not forsake us. I'll keep you posted on our travel plans...

Tony B.

9 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Congraulations on the court date - I know you must be so excited!! All the waiting is finally coming to an end. Enjoy all the last minute preparations and get some sleep!!!

junglemama said...

This is great news! So happy for you!

Tina said...

Yeah!!!! We are all so excited for you! Congratulations.

Mama Fish said...

Oh Praise the Lord! I am so happy to hear that you received a court date!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
Looking forward to following your journey!

Christie M said...

Wow! That is so awesome! We serve an AWESOME GOD! :)

(our son went to Vladivostak 5 years ago for a couple of months to do Vacation Bible School for the orphanages)

:)

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations. I know you must be overwhelmed with excitement. God is good.

Have fun preparing for trip 2! If we can help in any way, let us know!

AdoptaMama said...

I recently found your blog and I can't wait to follow you along on the rest of your journey! Congratulations on your court date. Hoping everything goes off without a hitch!

~Patti
Mama to Alena and Katrina
Adopted from Perm, Russia
April, 2005

Anonymous said...

Good post.