Sunday, January 23, 2011

We Have a New Son!

I'll be short and sweet and save the details for later. We were awarded custody of Sasha by the court on Friday morning. Had us worried for a short while that things were not going to work out (I'll share details later). After court, we went to the detsky dom and were able to see Sasha for the first time since mid July. To a four year old, that is an eternity so I wasn't sure if he would remember us or not. But he did! When he saw me, he cam and jumped in my arms and gave me a big hug and a squeeze. He pointed to Dawn and grinned real big. Made my day.

I have to return in eight days to start the paperwork to bring him home. Would not be so bad, but I leave tomorrow on a business trip that will put me out until Friday evening.

Thanks so much for all the the prayers. I do not have time now, but I want to share with you all the little bumps in the road that were suddenly solved. We were in God's hand and he took care of everything. Again, thank you very much!

God Bless -

Tony B.

P.S.

Holiday Inn - Sokolniki is #1 in my book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great News!!! Praying & Love you guys.
Jeff & Joye

Heidi said...

Congratulatiosn!

Craig and Phyllis said...

Congratulation!!! How wonderful! Can't wait to hear all that the Lord has done!

sonflowerjax said...

YEAH! I am so happy to read this! And, I totally agree (on the hotel recommendation!) We stayed there on Trips 2 & 3! We loved it!!!