Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back at Home - God is Awsome




We arrived home early this morning at about 1:30. Such a very long day for travel - about 28 hours from the time we got up to the time we went to bed. However, God used that time to show us His love and the love of complete strangers. After 12 hour 15 minute flight to Atlanta, we had a 5 hour lay over. Just before boarding our flight to Birmingham, this group of adults that were sitting next to us started asking us questions about the kids because they heard us and them speaking some Russian. So, I shared our story - what we did, why we did it and what a blessing the kids are to us. As we got in line to board the plane, one of the men walked up and poked something in my hand. I looked and saw a wad of bills and explained that it really wasn't necessary. He said, well, "God told you to adopt those kids and he is telling me to give you this money." I was shocked and tried to refuse but he would not budge. It is very hard to accept the generosity of strangers in this way because I do not know how to respond. God is good and has blessed us in so many ways. I know the kidney stone midst our adventure had a purpose, although I don't understand it at this time.

By the way, my stone did not pass until this morning. When I got home, I went staight for my medicine cabinet and took two pills. Not saying that is what did it, but I do believe our pharmaceuticals are second to none. I asked for this particular medication in Moscow, both the pain medication and the medicine to help flush the stone. Doctor said he had heard of it, but that was all.

Anyway. back to the kids... When we got home this morning, Dima went straight for the hat assortment (hard hat, cowboy hats, ball caps) and books, Polina went straight for the clothes and, Nastya went straight for the books. They are shocked at the dogs. They were not afraid and just giggled as the dogs licked them in the face. They know the dogs name's, but they jut walk around saying "sabaka" when calling them (that is Russian for dog).

We are all beat and only got about 4 hours sleep before the kids were calling out "ootra, ootra" (morning, morning). This is their way of telling us it is time to get up out of bed. I am posting one quick photo of the kids on the day we went to visit before court. I will post more later tonight. Dima (Dimitry James) is our son, Polina (Polina Hope) i s our oldest new daughter and, Nastya (Anastasia Grace) is our youngest daughter.



That a million for all of your prayers. While speaking with some of the other families on the trip, everyone had the same story - how much prayer from friends and family had meant to them.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

The children are beautiful! I am glad you are home safe and your kidney stone passed! I have had them and know how painful it can be!
I leave Sat. the 14th for Vlad for my first visit. So, we justed missed each other. Rest up!
Lea

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! We are so glad you are home safely and in good health! We've been stalking your blog for an update and are so glad to hear from you! :-) The children are gorgeous. Nastya looks mischevious! Polina and Dima are just darling. We are so excited to hear more of your adventures. Here's hoping you'll get some much-needed rest. God bless you!

Marcie said...

We're so glad you're home!!!! Praise the Lord! The children are adorable. I can't wait to see pics of all of your children altogether- I know that's such a relief to you. Their names are beautiful too!
Hope you can get some much-needed rest!
Marcie

Bill and Myra said...

Welcome home! I am so happy you have your family all together now!

Blessings to you and your family!

Myra

Michelle said...

Congratulations again !! And welcome home!!
The children are beautiful!

MamaSten said...

We are so happy that you have all made it home safely. I'll show the boys the pictures of your children tomorrow and see what they say. I'm sure they'll be excited to see pictures of Polina, they all seemed to like her so much.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Darla

Dewayne said...

Tony your children look so happy. Glad you all are home. Hope to see you very soon. God is good.

EPH 1:3-11

Joel and Clarion said...

Welcome home! The children are beautiful. Congratulations and blessings!

Becca said...

Welcome home, Tony and Dawn! So sorry to hear of Tony's kidney stone in Russia. I'll be praying for smooth adjustments for everyone now that you're back. I know the kids already have a large fan club who can't wait to meet them! :)

Troy and Rachel said...

You're children are beautiful. Glad the stone finally passed and that you had a good trip home.

Anonymous said...

Tony,
Glad to see you made it home okay. Nurse Karen is glad to see her first patient in Russia did well. We are still at the Vlad Inn and maybe for a while. I told Irinia that you had made it back home and the stone had passed. She was very glad and told me to give you a great big HELLO!
Glad you're back in the states.
J&K

Carolynn and Steve said...

I have been stalking your blog too (ok, my face is a bit red here!) but I am so very glad to see that you are safely home with such beautiful children. Thank you not only for sharing your journey with us (both the struggles and the triumphs)but also the ways in which God has been with you from the very beginning. Your children are absolutely beautiful, and I pray God's blessings on all of you as you begin an exciting new chapter of your lives together!

Wolf family said...

Hi,
We are also a CHI family, and I have been praying for your 3 kids by name for many months. I saw their group photo on the "waiting children" list (when they used to do that)long ago and their faces have never escaped my memory. I rejoiced when I heard that their files were being reviewed and then when I heard their adoption was in process...now I know, with you! I am praising God today that they are finally home with your loving family. Blessings on your transition to a family of 8!! God is so good!

True Story said...

God IS awesome! Best wishes for a smooth transition. I have really enjoyed reading your blog.
Sandy