Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Baby Steps

Monday and Tuesday morning, the kids were up at 3-4AM and would crash about 6PM. Our body clocks were not much better, but we were forced to get up when the kids woke up. Yesterday morning, they slept until 5:50AM! At 6:15 in the morning, Nastya was outside on the swing yelling, "Papa, push me"! Yep, I know the neighbors were wondering what in the world the child was yelling.

I went back to work yesterday (all day instead of half day like Monday and Tuesday). Dawn said Polina missed me while I was gone. I spoke to her on the phone on the way home (I was in Birmingham). I told them before I left that Papa had to go to work and they had to obey Mama. So, they knew I went to work, they just didn't realize it was 90 miles away.

We sent in our paperwork for registering the kids with the Russian Consulate yesterday holding up to one of many commitments. They are still considered Russian citizens and are required to be registered.

The language barrier has really become a non-issue. We can understand most of what they and there have been fewer problems. Sarah is adjusting well and spent Tuesday fixing Nastya's hair.

Before I go, I wanted to comment about a Slip-n-Slide some families bought for the kids. We got it out Monday and my sister purchased new swim suits for them. They got outside and Sarah showed them what to do. Well, they had never had swim suits and wanted to take them off to keep frm getting them wet! Dima and Nastya started strip right in the front yard and I started yelling nyet, nyet, nyet! It was funny and they had a ball. We got it back out on Tuesday and it was a good way to eat up a lot of energy!

I'll post some family photos this weekend. God Bless -

2 comments:

Michelle said...

ROFL Too funny about the swimsuits!!!

Carey and Norman said...

It is all an adjustment and it sounds like the children are doing very well. I look forward to seeing the updated pictures!